OUR FUTURE HOME
OUR FUTURE HOME
Chinmaya Mission Columbus will be a place for current and future generations. The programs and activities are planned to serve all age groups - early childhood, school age, youth, young individuals/families, older families, retired and aging individuals/families. Chinmaya Arachana is centrally located in Powell which is within 45 mins driving distance from Greater Columbus City limits.
WHY NEW HOME?
- The 100+ year old current building cannot handle more than 100 kids
- With the growing Indian community there has been requests for additional cultural training
- The current building cannot be remodeled for future needs
- As Chinmaya Mission Columbus balavihar kids are graduating into young adults, a place is necessary to continue their cultural engagement
New Building features
The class rooms will hold a capacity of 15 - 20 students.
This would allow for Balavihar Classes, Cultural Classes, Adult Classes, CHYK Meetings, Devi Groups.
Shishu Vihar. The Powell area community could benefit from Pre-School/Day Care facility.
Auditorium Holding 300 seats.
From Jagna Yagnas to Arangetram to Marriage/ Cultural Ceremonies.
Cafeteria & Multi-Purpose Hall
Chinmaya Mission Global Head Swami Swaroopanandaji laying the foundation stone
Thanks to generous contribution from Central Ohio Indian Community the land mortgage for was completed paid off in 2014. Starting from 2015, Chinmaya Mission Columbus started planning for Home, which can engage and serve the Indian Community across all age groups.
With the fast growing Indian community in Central Ohio, we envisioned a facility that needs to be large enough, safe, modern and functional to promote programs and activities for ages 3 onwards to senior citizens. With this goal in mind there are 4 targeted areas of facility development
1. Outdoor facilities within the 9.5 acre land.
2. 14 classrooms with Multipurpose Hall & Kitchen.
3. A modern Auditorium facility for the Indian community to promote arts, festivals and private events.
4. Laxmi Narayan temple
The exploratory Design & Development phase started in 2016 and in the last 3 years, the following set of activities has been completed.